Friday, August 21, 2009

BE_Stampin'B's Challenge #20


Stampin'B's Follow the List challenge #20 for Aug. 21, 2009.

Our hostess today is Nancyruth Levine and her challenge to us was to use chalks on our card.

All images are by Creative Design Boutique/Rita Marie designer. This wonderful set is called
Flutterby Delight. I love the butterflies in this set, you can find them and many others at http://www.creativescrapboutique.com/showSection.aspx?Sectionid=1024&pagenum=2

For the chalk part of my card I did the background in pastel chalks "blue and pink", I used a piece of scrap paper and marked off different areas and then sponging on the chalks in streaky motions. I then used 2 different paisley designs from the same set and stamped them in Pretty in Pink and Bashful Blue. I used some Versamark and heat embossed with Clear EP.

For the layout I used this weeks SC242 which I think is terrific.
The cs is Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Pretty in Pink.
On the 2 main panels I sponged on some Pretty in Pink and Bashful Blue.
The flower is done with punches, prima flowers and a brad.
The butterfly was inked in India Ink/black and then colored with Copic markers, highlighted with 2 way glue and some Martha Stewart glitter. To finish my butterfly I added some gorgeous blue gems.
I also added the gems to the corners of the 2 main panels.
I finished off my card by added this beautiful pink polkadot ribbon.

Let me know what you think?
Hugs always, Nicole
Please join us for some fun at www.stampinbsdesignteam.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. what sweet, deeeelish colors.....your detail work is fabulous.....

    hope you are resting....and....doing whatever you need to be doing so you will be 100% soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, Nicole; the pink and blue look so pretty. Like Joanne said -- rest and be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty - love how you folded that butterfly, fabulous background, great card! Hope you are feeling better day by day!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very vibrant! Your butterfly looks wonderful and great shades!

    ReplyDelete