Friday, May 1, 2009

Monochromatic card

This is my monochromatic card for the Stampin'B's challenge #4
You can find all of the information at their terrific site and please do play along.
www.stampinbs.blogspot.com
Brown is my favorite color so that why I chose it today.
The paper is by Premium Stacks/Once Upon a Time.
The image was made by using a brass stencil. I first hand embossed the violets image, then I used some chalk and sponged on different shade of brown to get some depth. I then finished the image by spraying it with Krylon clear gloss spray and crossed my fingers that I had not ruined a solid hour of work. LOL
The layout for this card is something I've seen on SCS. The tab at the bottom comes over the main part of the card as a closure. To keep from falling opon I used a very small magnet.

I hope you like this one?
Nicole

4 comments: