Friday, May 1, 2009

Monochromatic card

This is my monochromatic card for the Stampin'B's challenge #4
You can find all of the information at their terrific site and please do play along.
www.stampinbs.blogspot.com
Brown is my favorite color so that why I chose it today.
The paper is by Premium Stacks/Once Upon a Time.
The image was made by using a brass stencil. I first hand embossed the violets image, then I used some chalk and sponged on different shade of brown to get some depth. I then finished the image by spraying it with Krylon clear gloss spray and crossed my fingers that I had not ruined a solid hour of work. LOL
The layout for this card is something I've seen on SCS. The tab at the bottom comes over the main part of the card as a closure. To keep from falling opon I used a very small magnet.

I hope you like this one?
Nicole

3 comments:

  1. WOW this looks AWESOME!!! love this monochromatic design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beauty......truly rich and regal and beautiful.....aren't these challenges fun.....kind of like Christmas ever week???!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nicole! This is awesome!!! Love the rich brown and gold and it's so elegant looking! Great job with the embossing too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete