Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bashful

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weedend. This is my card for the CC220 challenge at SCS.

The image is by Penny Black and I love her, she is so cute and shy looking. The colors for today's challenge are: Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron.

The image was done in watercolors and piecing. The dp's are from a stack that I got at Cosco. I stamped the image four times, the first onto WW and watercolored the skin, the boots, shadows in the dress and the flowers, the second onto a yellow dp for the hair and touched up in CC, the third and forth are different dp's for the dress.

I used a MS punch for the borders, the cut flowers are by K&C Company and finished with a satin ribbon that I threaded thru 2 punched holes. I also cut and popped-up the flowers at her feet.

I really like how this one turned out, I wasn't fussy about doing an orange toned card again. I really would love to see some Spring colors for the CC challenge.

Tell me what you think of my card? Hugs, Nicole

3 comments:

  1. How cute and so pretty!!! love that sweet image and your layout is fantastic not to forget to mention those colors!!! WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful image, awesome coloring, perfect embellishments...a winnah fer shure

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome bow and sweet image.

    ReplyDelete