Tuesday, May 12, 2009

BE_CC218_Essence of Spring

I love the challenge colors that Emily picked for the CC218 challenge at SCS today.

The image on my card are Inkadinkado/Garden Flowers.

The cs is Only Orange, Summer Sun and Kiwi Kiss as are the inks.

The image on the bg was inked up with SU markers and then huffed on before stamping, while the image on the main panel (water color paper) was also applied with SU markers, the stamp was misted with water before stamping.

It amazing the difference the two similar techniques produce. On the bg panel I poked two holes with my piercing tool and threaded this pretty gingham ribbon and tied a bow. I also sponged the outside edges of the bg and main panel with Memories/Orange and Mango. In the center of the main image I softfly sponged some TH DI in Tattered Rose so that the white of the paper was not so in your face as they say. LOL

For the main image I chose to use a Nestabilities Label two die and since I did not want a much larger matte I cut the shape of the green matte by hand to the form of the die on the watercolor paper die cut shape.

I hope that you like my card today, it's the first time in a while that I've had fun making a card. I've been sick a lot lately and haven't had the energy to practice my favorite hobby and playing with my friends at SCS.

Nicole

1 comment:

  1. aren't these just the most luscious colors....warm, earthy, and happy....love your creation

    ReplyDelete