Thursday, November 5, 2009

Stampin'B's Challenge #31


Our hostess this week is Faith/Markie's mom. We are to make a Christmas/Holiday card.

For my card I chose to use a digi image by Moe's Digital Pencil which you can find here:
http://digitalpenciltoo.com/
The image is colored with Prisma watercolor pencils and a small artist brush.
I used a River Rock marker to do the shadowing/footprints on the image.
I used a star punch by MS for the top of the main panel, I did it very irregularly to simulate snow falling. I then used some of the snowflake cut outs from the punching and added them to the top of the card. I then added some light blue gems to the snowflakes and on the main panel again to simulate snow falling. The bg is a dark blue cs.
The sentiment is a rub-on by Reminisce.
I really loved it when I noticed that the flash had reflected on one of the gems making it look like the North Star.

I hope you like this one, I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

Hugs always, Nicole

6 comments:

  1. beautiful in every way Nicky! I love your coloring and what a sweet image.... Wonderful punchwork too!!! Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How marvelous that your flash hit right at the spot of the star! You couldn't have done that if you had tried! I do love your card -- the snow horizon looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fabulous is this...love the edging work and the positive/negative feel of the snow.....wonderful work, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Nicole this is gorgeous, oh my how you did that star looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you a great cardmaker/photographer or what! What a great Christmas card - colored to perfection as always, Nicky!

    ReplyDelete