Tuesday, January 11, 2011

CC305 challenge and MFP blogspot challenge_embossing

This card uses the new set “Happy Pansies” from Mark’s Finest Papers.
The flower was stamped twice using Palette Noir and
coloring with Copic Markers, I then cut the flowers leaving
one whole and only keeping the 3 top petals of the second.
If you look closely you will see a tiny Ladybug on one of the leaves.
To try to make her pop a little I added some Krystal Effects, I think
that worked.
I popped the completed Pansy onto a white circle Nestie and a pink scalloped
Nestie that I added some white dots with a gel pen.
The main panel is pink and white. I used two embossing folders on this, one
is the Swiss Dots and the other a strip from Just My Type.
I then stamped the sentiment is the clear space. I stamped an extra bee “the larger one”
then colored them with a yellow Copic marker. To finish these adorable little bees I added
some Crystal Stickles. It looks terrific IRL, the bees look like the are really flying.
I think this card is so pretty to look at.
Nicky

9 comments:

  1. Nicole, your card is featured on the Splitcoast Facebook page!!! Congratulations, this is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Saw it on SCS- contests! -and it brought me to your blog & MFP. I think I'll be a regular now, as I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. Love the embossing. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this bright pink card! Great flowers and ribbon skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and I love the ribbon skirt embellishment...very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great texture. I could just feel this card

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great set and I love the way you used the swiss dots folder. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, love how you used the ribbon on the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh la la - love what you did with this card..background so neat - colors awesome!!

    ReplyDelete